Monday, April 12, 2010

We call him Gerry


Actually, we typically call him Uncle Gerry.  My Mom gets irritated when we speak informally about her brother.  I've always enjoyed the conversations Gerry and I have had - usually while working on one of his cars or when I visit him at work.  As a Vice-President over the marketing department, Gerry has some extended liberties.  For instance, my sister and I were always welcome to come up to the executive floor of his office building and hang with him in his suite. His views on international economic theory and trans-national trade/business relations have encouraged me to seek a duel degree in Finance and International Business Marketing, but that isn't really the point of this petition. I thought I would write this blog post to appeal to anyone who could help in the situation of my Uncle's family. Since their abduction some 2 months ago by ninjas, he's spent a great deal of money on private investigators, retired special forces soldiers, and the like in an attempt to secure their safe return. His stubbornness only being matched by his economic savy, he has decided to learn karate himself. As they say, "If you want a job done right, you've got to do it yourself!"  He still has plenty of money, but he is not really interested in spending any more of his "personal" money.  He would appreciate anything at all that you could spare to finance a series of lessons from a karate master. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, excellent point! There is a link on his foundation website. It's not visible in this photo, but Jerry keeps his website URL written on his hand with the remnants of some old mascara he found behind CVS. I believe he told me that his business card refill was still at the printers.

    ReplyDelete